Reading and Activities
The buttons below are readings for each day of the week with a day of rest and reflection built into the seventh day's reading. We'd ask that you do them in order and then participate in the corresponding activity.
Please use the following links to get to your readings
- Psalms 103:19 (Bible Gateway NIV)
- Romans 13:1 (Bible Gateway NIV)
- Glossary of Non-Profit Governance (Board Source)
- Charity & Nonprofit BOARD SERVICE (WA Secretary of State)
- Checklist of Board Roles and Responsibilities (Board Source)
- 6 Essential Ingredients fort Effective Board Governance (Board Source)
- US IRS Non-profit/Tax Exempt Exemption requirements (US IRS Website)
Each of the activities below have been coordinated to go with your readings, so it is suggested to do them within the day of your reading. If you have any questions about the activity feel free to contact someone on the board for assistance .
There are many stories in the bible to guide our governance, but none so compelling as those that tell us or show us that God is ruler over all. And if he is ruler over all we should see his rule demonstrated in everything that we encounter.
With this in mind, go back to the various readings you had today and locate one concept, regulation, idea, or thought, etc.. that bears the mark of God's rule.